Saturday 6 October 2012

GUEST SPOT #51! Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

This weeks guest post is by Mrs SFW who broadens the Musical mix 



Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

I’ve always liked this song but it now also brings back fond memories of flycasual and his lovely wife Sophie and the time they came to stay with us in West Wales for the weekend. We were heading out one evening to the pub and I was driving which although it meant I couldn’t have a drink, it did mean I got to choose what CD to play in the car and I chose Mika. I think my husband was hoping his musical influence on me would have ended with a better choice, which I seem to recall amused flycasual greatly or was it just the infectious upbeat happy vibe of this song that got to him. Anyway, after that evening the CD vanished and I like to think that either sfw or flycasual have it secretly stashed in one of their cars so that they can sing along to it from time to time.


Get some more musical tips from our other guests spots here...

Or increase our musical education and submit a guest post 

Related Posts

GUEST SPOT #51! Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
6 October 2012 at 11:24

Although I'm not a fan, I can't help singing along as its so damn catchy! Was Mika making a nod to Queen's 'Fat Bottom Girls'?? Thanks for the post, V!

Reply
avatar
6 October 2012 at 20:57

Oh sweet baby Jesus! I can't believe a video existed for this! I remember that day well, it will forever be emblazoned on my mind the day I heard this song. In your car with no escape. It was a good evening I recall but blame the wine or whatever but I woke in the middle of the night with a start and cold sweats. I had dreamt of this song, I was dressed in hot pants and a bow tie leading a troop of portly ladies atop a elaborately decorated float! Thanks V!

Reply
avatar
14 October 2012 at 10:42

Funny |i saw that same album on Ebay around that time...still on the starting price of 1p....the rules state the person who drives.....

Reply