Wednesday 17 December 2014

OLD PA's - Best 5 of 2014



2014
A great year for Music, so many contenders, now let the music speak :


 

Like a few others before, you just knew!.....now guys, how do you follow that?  


What the 'ell I just like it!

 

A slow grower, but every time I heard it, I grinned with ear pleasure. I bet she slipped up? Maybe Ray is makin' it with Jane on the Night Shift. Jeremy Kyle lie detector awaits.

 

William Onyeabor just had to get the nod but with Hot Chip onboard....orgasmic!orgasmic!

 

When it hits! it bloody well hits!, this was a thunderbolt, I never got tired of it the whole year. Easy!, my track of the year. Tension, Pain and Beauty to a dance beat! One regret!, I missed them at Latitude. Unforgivable Old Pa!


Subscribe listen to Old Pa's best tracks of 2014

Related Posts

OLD PA's - Best 5 of 2014
4/ 5
Oleh

3 comments

comments
avatar
17 December 2014 at 09:26

Jungle. I've enjoyed everything I've heard by these guys this year. A nicely understated tune.

Brian Jonestown Massacre. When you featured the BJM as your track of the week earlier in the year I was so impressed that I bought the LP and EP - can't say fairer than that!

The Delines. I must've missed this one the first time around as the name means nothing to me. This is my mistake. 'I Won't Slip Up' has a very nice feel indeed. I need to pay closer attention.

I'm currently working my way through the Complete William Oneyeabor box set. I'm not the world's biggest Hot Chip fan, but they have very good taste and, individually and collectively, lend their support to extremely worthwhile projects, so I won't hear a bad word said about them. Fair play fellas!

The War on Drugs. 'Lost in the Dream' is turning up on many end of year lists and deservedly so. I still play 'Slave Ambient' a lot and I'm sure this one continue to reveal its delights for many years to come. Good call Old Pa!

A top selection! Compliments of the season to yourself and Old Ma!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
17 December 2014 at 21:49

Solid choices there, sir. My particular thumbs up for 'I Won't Slip Up' and 'Red Eyes'. Everyone seems to love The War On Drugs at the moment but you can't argue with the album.

A very Merry Christmas to yourself, Old Ma and all the family.

Reply
avatar
20 December 2014 at 12:36

5 out of 5 OP!
Jungle - everyone is a winner, almost chose this myself. Fantastic soul sound
Massacre - like this, sounds very Clash!
Delines - a great song, reminds me of The Arlenes song, Lonely Wont Leave Me Alone. Similar feel but equally good
Hot chip- winner, winner, chicken dinner!
War On Drugs - amazing song and great album, was hard for me not to include in my top 5!

Reply