Sunday 11 May 2014

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 11/05/2014 - Sharon Van Etten, The Delines, Twin Atlantic, Kasabian

4 tracks that missed out on Eurovision...



Old Pa's Corner :-
The Delines - I Won't Slip Up (2014)
 

Here is a beautiful track from The Delines. They are a new Alt Country Band and are described as Retro Country Soul, I like that. It looks to me as if they are a bit of a Supergroup if you take a look at the line
up. It includes Willy Vlautin and Sean Olham both from the brilliant Richmond Fontaine, now I loved them.. Amy Boone from the Damnations and Jenny Conlee from the Decemberists, as well as other talents.

The track is from their first album Colfax (2014) and if this fabulous taster is anything to go by I would say we are in for a real treat here.

I bet she slips up! Can you ever trust a cow girl?

i'm always worried about these people worried about me

Aw! come on Ray!

Shell Hunter:-
Kasabian - 'Eez-Eh' (2014)


The great Armenian band are bringing back their brand of raunchy indie disco for a new album mysteriously entitled 48:13 to be released on June 9th. Okay, they're from Leicester but I still think they're great. Musical snobs beware, they might be far too commercial for you now but you can't deny this is toe-tappingly, head-bobbingly gripping! The album is being produced by Serge himself and launched just in time for their headlining performance at Glastonbury this year. The title reminds me of those two wrestlers from Soccer AM that used to fight and the winner would stomp away clapping his hands above his head shouting "Eez-eh! Eez-eh! Eez-eh!" They should've featured them in their video, it would've been a winning combo!

London Scouser:-
Twin Atlantic - 'Heart And Soul' (2014)


Andy Stewart... The Proclaimers... Glasvegas... Biffy Clyro... to name but a few, and now I can add Twin Atlantic to this list. And yes you've guessed correctly, they are all artists that sing with their god-given Scottish accents. I heard this track on the way into work on the very unusual occasion that I wasn't listening to TalkSport. That's because it was the Sunday morning fishing show. As soon as it started I thought I'm gonna like it as the riffage came through. This is the title track for their upcoming (25th May to be precise) third album of the same name. If the rest of the album is as good as this I will be a huge fan. And before you ask, no it's not a cover of the 80's classic by T'Pau !!!

Sfw:-
Sharon Van Etten - Taking Chances(2014)
The song features on Van Etten's new album, 'Are We There?', which is set for release on May 26.  I was a fan of her 2012 album, Serpents and this follows a similar format.  Comparisons to Beach House/Lana Del Ray are not far off the mark. Great track however the video should have had a #trackoftheweek tarot card.


Listen or even better, subscribe to our tracks of the week playlist here...


Related Posts

TRACKS OF THE WEEK 11/05/2014 - Sharon Van Etten, The Delines, Twin Atlantic, Kasabian
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
Anonymous
12 May 2014 at 07:50

The Delines - tremendous! New to me but must pursue. Any self respecting Lambchop fan is going to see the beauty there.

Kasabian - I doubt I'm in their demographic and I'm far too much of a musical snob to listen again. A hit!

Twin Atlantic - the beard knocks it out for me. Nice use of accent,though.

Sharon Van Etten - the chipped nail polish is a nice touch. Rather good groove.

Reply