Friday 28 February 2014

DYLAN COVERS #138 Neil Diamond - Make You Feel My Love/Lay Lady Lay


I am I said!

 
NEIL DIAMOND - Make You feel My love (2008)

This is a fabulous take on what has become the X-Factor's  favourite song. I even think it is better than Adele's version, which is not too shabby either. I just hope that Cliff Richard does not jump on the band waggon and releases a cover for his 96th Christmas attempt for a number one.

It comes from Neil'Home Before Dark (deluxe Edition) (2008) album, where he attempts to do his Johnny Cash thing with Rick Rubin. It is not a bad album at all.

The Second cover is a pretty boring live take from the album set Stages (2003) Live recordings between 1970 and 2002.
 
NEIL DIAMOND - Lay Lady Lay (2003)

Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS #138 Neil Diamond - Make You Feel My Love/Lay Lady Lay
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
28 February 2014 at 08:52

'Make You Feel My Love' is a song most effective when sung with a voice 'like sand and glue', which is of course where all the X-Factor twits go so very wrong - vocal gymnastics are surplus to requirements. I'm not a huge fan of Neil, but his pared back take is not too bad at all. Sadly he loses all my goodwill with the bloated version of 'Lay Lady Lay'.

Reply