Friday 22 November 2013

DYLAN COVERS #126 - Barb Jungr - Like a Rolling Stone x 2



 
BARB JUNGR - Like a Rolling Stone (2005)

Barb Jungr is an English Cabaret/Jazz/Blues/Soul singer, who in the past few years has put out two volumes of Dylan covers albums. The the first album is called  Every Grain of Sand (2002) and the second one, where she covers LARS, is taken from  The Man in the Long Black Coat (2011).

You might not like this jazzy slowed down version, but you cannot deny the intensity of the live version recorded at the Barbican in London 2005. The quality is not great but it is still well worth the effort.

Both albums are worth a listen,  but an acquired taste. They taste pretty good to me.

Below is the album version
 BARB JUNGR - Like a Rolling Stone (2011)

Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS #126 - Barb Jungr - Like a Rolling Stone x 2
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
Anonymous
22 November 2013 at 15:52

I'm so sorry, sir, but Barb's versions of Bob songs are one my pet hates. I just don't get it. I'm a big fan of jazz vocals and have nothing against Cabaret style in general but I just can't take this. I expect I'm wrong.

Reply
avatar
23 November 2013 at 11:05

SB - of course you are not wrong...it's all a matter of what turns you on....or of in this case.

Reply
avatar
26 November 2013 at 09:35

Hmmm. I'm not so keen on these covers, but I can see how her style might suit 'Oh Mercy' period songs like 'Man in a Long Black Coat'.

Reply