Thursday 29 August 2013

DYLAN COVERS #114 Moe Tucker - I'll Be Your Baby Tonight/Noel Redding - She Belongs to Me


Is that Mark Smith or is that our Moe?

 
MOE TUCKER - I'll be Your Baby Tonight (1982)

Have you ever wondered what happens to all the members of famous groups?, they can't just disapear, can they?  They are obviously into the music and mostly, I am sure they stay involved in some form or other.

How about  Moe Tucker of  The Velvet Underground  fame. Moe is best know for being the drummer of that ground breaking Band.  Both Nico and Lou Reed have done excellent Dylan Covers, so here is Moe's turn.

It looks as if Moe has had quite a successful solo career. Here is a fab take on  I'll be your baby tonight.  I think this is great and it is exactlty what I would have expected from Moe. Brilliant. It can be found on her first solo album Playin'Possum (1982). It appears Moe plays all the instrument on the album too. What a gal.! My type of gal!

My second artist is none other than Noel Readding who was part of the Jimi Hendix Experience  and it is a cover of  She Belongs to Me. This can be found on his album  West Cork Tuning (2004) backed by the San Francisco band 3:05AM.  Not a bad effort, but it is no  Watchtower  folks
NOEL REDDING - She Belongs to Me (2004)

I like this idea and may do some more in the future.

Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS #114 Moe Tucker - I'll Be Your Baby Tonight/Noel Redding - She Belongs to Me
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
30 August 2013 at 08:37

Not heard either of these before and while Noel's tune is OK, Moe's 'I'll Be Your Baby Tonight' is terrific. Good find Old Pa.

Reply