Thursday 25 July 2013

DYLAN COVERS #109 Happy Traum - Blowin' in the Wind/Vic Chesnutt - I Dreamed I saw St. Augustine


Can you spot Blind Boy Grunt?
HAPPY TRAUM WITH THE NEW WORLD SINGERS - Blowin' in the Wind(1962)

As promised a couple of weeks ago here are another two Bobby covers by by the pair Happy Traum and Vic Chesnutt. I don't know why  I paired them up in the first place and I don't think it really matters. Just sit back and enjoy them.

The first one featuring Happy Traum is  Blowin' in the Wind  and is the first actual recording of the iconic song. HT was part of a folk group called  The New World Singers along with of Gil Turner, Bob Cohen and Delores Dixion. The song was so new that the chorus is sung as Blown in the Wind, check it out. Although Bob was in attendance at the recording session under the guise of Blind Boy Grunt,  he did not correct them.

The second cover by Vic Chesnutt is from his album  Drunk (1993) and is a take of  I dreamed I saw St Augustine. It is rather good.  Well! what else would expect from Mr Vic.
VIC CHESTNUTT - I Dreamed I saw St. Augustine (1993)

Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS #109 Happy Traum - Blowin' in the Wind/Vic Chesnutt - I Dreamed I saw St. Augustine
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
28 July 2013 at 10:44

Good to hear this 'Blowin' again, it's been a while.

Vic? I just well-up when I hear his voice - wonderful.

Reply