Friday 26 April 2013

DYLAN COVERS #96 Richie Havens - Just Like a Woman/Boots of Spanish Leather

Richie Havens R.I.P.

RICHIE HAVENS - Just Like a Woman (1967)

It is only fitting that I do a Dylan Covers Post this week and feature the great Richie Havens who sadly passed away earlier this week.

I have chosen his fabulous take of  Just Like a Woman. This is up there with my favourite versions of the song and rivals the many versions by Van Morrison. RH first released the song on his album Mixed Bag (1967).

My second choice comes from the album  Electric Haven(1967).  Producer Alan Douglas overdubbed some some acoustic sessions by RH and released two independent albums of the results. These albums are difficult to find now but an CD taking a selection of these two albums called  My Own Way (2012) was a welcome release.
RICHIE HAVENS - Boots of Spanish Leather (1967)


Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS #96 Richie Havens - Just Like a Woman/Boots of Spanish Leather
4/ 5
Oleh