Wednesday 19 December 2012

SFW'S Best of 2012

2012, What a year! Olympics, Jubilee and the end of the Mayan Calendar.
It's time to pick my top 5.... 




Astronauts, etc - You Can Yell

Astronauts is the musical persona of 21 year-old Berkeley student Anthony Ferraro.  You Can Yell is impossible to dislike, it is total brilliance!

Check out more of his tracks on Soundcloud


Hudson Taylor - Drop of Smoke

Brothers Alfie & Harry Hudson knocked me for six with this uplifting folk-pop 3-minute masterpiece.  I see great things ahead for these Dubliners! 


Cat Power - Ruin

In 2012, Chan Marshall (a.k.a. Cat Power) returned with a curve ball in the shape of her brightest sounding album yet - Sun (pardon the pun).  Ruin has a infectious rhythmic piano melody, lyrics based on travel and has everything you should want in a song. Unfortunately, she's recently been unwell and had to cancel her European Tour. We hope you get well soon!




M.Ward - The First Time I Run Away

One of musics hardest working grafters sent me on a marathon with this track from his 2012 album A Wasteland Companion.  Mostly known for his work with Monsters of Folk, She and Him and a plethora of others, this beautiful song (& video) got me running again and again!



The Leisure Society - We Were Wasted

Trust me to end the year on a downer! This completely bewitching track featured in the brutal Paddy Constantine masterpiece, Tyrannosaur.  I just totally adore this song.  Were we wasted? Nah!

Subscribe to SFW's Best Of 2012 Spotify Playlist below!

Related Posts

SFW'S Best of 2012
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
21 December 2012 at 10:47

Astronauts Etc - superb track
Hudson T - lots of potential here
Cat P - Oh I love the Cat, highlight
M Ward - another top tune, keep on running
Leisure Society - I forgot this one, how could I, it's brilliant.

Reply