Thursday 4 October 2012

DYLAN COVERS #69 Max Romeo/Lord Creator - Blowin' in the Wind

Maxi baby

 
MAX ROMEO - Blowin' in the Wind(1969)

I think it is about time I had some more Reggae/Calypso so I have chosen two different versions of Blowin' in the Wind,  first up is by Max Romeo probably best known for his track  'Wet Dream'. It was first released (no pun intended) as a single in 1969, but can still be found on the album Wet Dream : The Best of Max Romeo(2004).

The second take is by the Lord Creator famously know for his brilliant Kingston Town and was released on a Calypso Album called Jamaica Time way back in 1964.

Both are not that bad at all.
 
THE LORD CREATOR - Blowin' in the Wind(1964)

Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS #69 Max Romeo/Lord Creator - Blowin' in the Wind
4/ 5
Oleh

4 comments

comments
avatar
Anonymous
5 October 2012 at 20:07

I don't know how much ganja old Max was smoking back in '69 but he doesn't seem too sure of the lyrics, does he? Nice version all the same.

I like Lord Creator's version even more. Pretty smooooth! Nice.

Reply
avatar
sfw
6 October 2012 at 09:47

I feel the same as SB. It's Lord Creators version. one for the ladies

Reply
avatar
8 October 2012 at 21:11

I'm with the rest of the gang - Lord Creator all the way! Great version.

Reply
avatar
11 October 2012 at 13:24

Both great versions but Max Romeo all the way for me!

Reply